Thursday, May 05, 2005

Superstition.

America is a beautiful place and it has made me a better person. There, I said it.
Before I lived here I dwelt within a ridiculously medieval world of superstition. I am still technically insane when it comes to sport but i have been able to let a couple of other things go. In little under an hour the polls close in the (Yes, we know) UK General Election. I am about to head home to watch the BBC coverage. I shall lay on the sofa until about 2am, drink a few beers and enjoy the scene. I genuinely hope that Labour maintain a strong majority but I am expecting them to lose about 50-70 seats. This will still give them a majority of about 120-100. I used to be all sweaty and superstitious about this. Now i'm much more relaxed. It will actually be fascinating to see how it all pans out. I used to think my world would end if the result didn't go my way. I guess it will be a disaster in the Tories win but, well they are not going to.
I can relax beacuse the result will go my way. But still i have to watch to make sure.

No comments: