Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Gerald Ford. (it began as Hiaku)

I went to his museum.
In Grand Rapids, Mi.
There was a lot to see there.

But almost all of it related directly to the administrations of others, like the space program or the fall of the Berlin Wall, or Vietnam or Watergate or the environment. I liked the way you took credit for everything that other people did. Or maybe you did it all yourself. Gee, you were busy.

There were also a few highly confused visitors from foreign lands who must have mistaken you for another Gerald Ford. The racing driver perhaps.

Anyway, Parking was easy and plentiful and we had a very nice meal afterwards.
All said and done it was a pleasant day out.

3 comments:

mactechwitch said...

I have to say, when I first heard the news this AM, I thought of you, Mondale.
Of course everyone is trotting out their nicest memories GRF, and I know in my heart of hearts he was a decent guy, but...

Listmaker said...

12/06

new york to gerald ford:
drop dead

Wisdom Weasel said...

The man launched the executive branch careers of Rumsfeld and Cheney, and pushed Puerto Rican statehood not because he liked the idea but instead to screw with Jimmy Carter, so he can rot as far as I'm concerned.

Happy new year though bor: I have my fingers crossed for your imminent dumpling...