Thursday, December 14, 2006

Gawd bless 'em



I didn't want to write about this before the event, for fear of it not happening and/or there being a nice fine.

But goddammit those heroes of the streets the DSNY only went and took away the rotten carcass of our old sofa. I know, it's their job but it still delights me to see such a dirty job done so well. I know there will be as many of you out there with a nightmare story to tell but I just want to say, right here , right now I love those guys.

I grew up in a town where getting rid of old/broken furniture meant borrowing Dave's van and a saturday afternoon at the 'tip'. In Brooklyn you just dump the crap on the sidewalk. Marvellous!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently took a couch to the curb (thanks to Apes and The Balltrap for helping me do the lifting). I was shocked at how easy it was! One night it's there and the next morning it's gone! Zipf!

mactechwitch said...

tonight I plan to haul out the old stockade fence from my backyard. If that's gone in the morning it will give me a real lift.