Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Stalagluft camp.

Summer camp is alright, the end is in sight. It's all a bit 'Dad's Army' but it could be a lot worse.
Beats the crap out of having to wear a tie or long trousers during the Summer.
It's just rather amusing how some of the teachers take it pretty seriously.

This morning I had to wait for about 10 minutes to get let into the building.
It was just after 8am and the weather was already creeping up to 90f with 120% humidity (ah, New York in July!).
With me was an art teacher who was Fer-reaking out about not having enough time to prepare her room, how so many of these 'teachers' they just roll in at 8.15, noone works as hard as she does, etc etc etc....
What was I freaking out about?

Am I going to have enough time to eat these three huge donuts I just bought before the kids arrive?

(The answer was no, Best kid in the whole world caught me cramming the last of the three into my mouth as i read the newspaper online).

8 comments:

Wisdom Weasel said...

Stalagluft? "Take me with you. I can see."
Its one of the only impersonations I can do.
Weasel, the forger.

PiesFan90 said...

Mate. I'm going to need the beers soon. Damn poms.

Mondale said...

all out for 190? not impressed.

Wisdom Weasel said...

Our boy Harmison is a right head-hunting bastard, isn't he? 3 to 1 we start hearing the Aussies moan about "bodyline" and "Larwood" should they lose this one.

Anonymous said...

Eng 13-2 after 7 overs- hang on, that's not supposed to happen

Wisdom Weasel said...

21-5? Jesus. I quit.

PiesFan90 said...

Didn't I tell you guys. We gave you a sniff, and we snuff you out. Get used to it.

Mondale said...

Apologies to any non empire types who may be reading. During the summer there will non doubt be lots of cricket related coments that make absolutely no sense whatsoever to the outsider. Thank you.