Friday, June 17, 2005

Perfect running weather.

At about 6pm last night Brooklyn got itself a torrential, South East Asian style downpour. The heavens truly opened and let rip.
At about this time I was heading out of the door for a run. I was definately going to get to City Hall in Manhattan but my return route was unspecified.
As some of you may know (Handwashings, are you with me so far?) The Brooklyn Bridge attracts alot of tourists (and rightly so) but they do make runnning a bit troublesome unless you are out and about at 6am. Imagine my delight as I approached the bridge and found not a soul upon it! Well OK, maybe a dozen others either running or huddled under the arches in a vain attempt to stay out of the rain. I was so excited I turned about at the Manhattan end and ran back, almost laughing all the way. Then I found a small flood/huge puddle in the Cadman Plaza park and jumped right in!
There really is something about running in the rain, and after the recent heatwave it's a joy to be able to get outside without expiring.
My legs hurt and my sneakers are drying outside as we speak.

No comments: