Wednesday, June 18, 2008

lunchtime topics

For those of you who have begun your summers already.

I ate lunch with the kids today and was delighted to be told to sit next to my least able, most challenging but almost, on a good day, most lovable student.
We both had seconds , extolled the virtues of apple crumble and virtually licked our plates clean (as close as is possible in semi polite society)
The topics he brought up were as follows.

If you were an animal, what animal would you be?

I said seagull, he said fox. We both agreed that we had wanted to be these animals since forever and would not be changing our minds anytime soon "unless they discover a new animal that's better than a fox".

If you could travel back in time when would you travel to?

I said right here but about 200 years ago, before railways and decent roads and all the new buildings. He was excited by that idea and decided that he'd quite like to come along as well, if that was alright. A few of the other kids thought that would be pretty cool and asked if they could come along as well "as backup".

What's your favourite pudding?

Apple crumble of course except noone makes it as nice as Granny. Another kid pointed out that Grannies always makes the best apple crumble. Didn't stop us going up for seconds.

Later on this same kid gave me a classic quote with a great big smile on his face.

"When I'm 16 I'm going to get a tractor and just drive about in that all the time. I'll never get a proper driving licence, I can't bloody read!"

1 comment:

Maestra said...

Love that he admitted he couldn't read to the teacher who is supposed to be teaching him how to LOL