Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Faux pas


Me, at a science thingy.
Oddly enough, the moment I started talking the whole room seemed to go quiet. 

Woman approaches me and says "hello! Alex, How are you? It's great to see you!"

(at this point the room quietens)

"Oh hello! Wow! Hello! great to see you too. (I turn to my boss)
Carole, this is Linda, we were both on the same headship interview, the one were neither of us were appointed Grrrrrr! (I ACTUALLY SAID GRRRRRR!). Wow, Linda and I spent  alot of time locked in rooms together and being all strung out and interview crazy. How are you Linda? Who are you here with?"

"I'm not Linda"

"Yes you are"

"No I'm not"

"Oh god I am so sorry. You look a lot like LInda"

"I am not Linda"

"OK Who are you?"


Fortunately the answer to my last question turned out to be along the lines of "A really nice person with a forgiving nature" although she did not actually say that.

No comments: